Chrishell Stause Responds to Gleb Savchenko, Elena Samodanova Split

first_img“I don’t hate you. I’m just disappointed you turned into everything you said you’d never be,” the quote read.Savchenko and Stause competed together during season 29 of Dancing With the Stars but were eliminated on the Monday, November 2, episode.Listen to Watch With Us to hear more about your favorite shows and for the latest TV news! The Selling Sunset star, whose public split from Justin Hartley was chronicled during season 3 of the Netflix reality show, continued by denying that she and the pro dancer were anything more than friends.CHRISHELL STAUSE GLEB SAVCHENKOChrishell Stause and Gleb Savchenko Eric McCandless/ABC“As you can imagine, the countless hours of training, and dance rehearsals has created a strong supportive friendship, but nothing more,” she added. “I wish nothing but the best for both Gleb and Elena during this unfortunate time.”Samodanova, 36, announced her split from Savchenko via Instagram on Thursday, sharing a statement via Instagram. He confirmed the news in a statement to Us Weekly.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Speaking out. House after Dancing With the Stars pro Gleb Savchenko and his wife, Elena Samodanova, announced their split, Chrishell Stause took to her Instagram Story on Friday, November 6, to react to the news.“I am so saddened about the news of Gleb and Elena’s split,” the realtor, 39, who was partnered with Savchenko, 37, on season 29 of DWTS, wrote on Thursday night. “It is unfortunate that this has caused rumors to swirl about my personal life. Having gone through a public split myself, I would not wish this on anyone.”- Advertisement – “It is with a heavy heart that I tell you my wife and I are parting ways after 14 years of marriage,” the choreographer said in a statement. “We still intend to coparent our wonderful children together who we love so dearly, and we will strive to continue to be the best parents that we can to them. We ask that you respect our family’s need for privacy and healing during this time.”Gleb Savchenko and Elena SamodanovaShutterstockGleb Savchenko and Elena SamodanovaThe So You Think You Can Dance alum, who shares daughters, Olivia, 10, and Zlata, 3, with the reality star, later posted a cryptic quote via her Instagram, causing fans to speculate that their split was a messy one.- Advertisement –last_img read more

CAF Elections: Day of Long Knives in Abuja

first_imgThe minister and some Nigerians in CAF committees are known to be openly opposed to Pinnick’s support for Madagascar’s FA President, Ahmad Ahmad who is challenging Isa Hayatou for the coveted position.One of the board members told THISDAY last night that except for one or two members of the NFF board, Pinnick has a solid support base among his men and that any attempt to want to force the board change the position it reached at its December 18 Congress where it asked the president to use his discretion in voting at the CAF election may be resisted.“Nobody can force us to go against the position we reached at the December 18 Congress. We have taken a stand and given the President go ahead to use his discretion in voting for the candidate that will advance the growth of football in the country. Why are they now fretting that Amaju has openly declared his support for Ahmad Ahmad. Is Nigeria not just one vote?” stressed the board member on telephone with THISDAY.He admitted to have also heard speculations of trying to use the board members to oust Pinnick from the position is he refused to toe the line of the minister in voting for Hayatou.“If anybody is thinking of interfering in the activities of the board, they are just wasting their time. This is 2017. The era when certain individuals who have been discredited world-wide in the administration of football will think they can use any of us is over,” the board member further observed.The minister who had earlier opposed Pinnick’s aspiration to contest for a seat on the CAF executive also maintained at the weekend that Nigeria was not in support of Ahmad Ahmad.Nigerian members of CAF included four former NFF presidents – Amos Adamu, Dominic Oneya, Sani Lulu and Aminu Maigari – issued a press statement condemning Pinnick, while pledging their support for incumbent CAF President Issa Hayatou.They also argued that the interest of Nigerian football should be paramount over any personal interest and consideration.“We have consulted widely within the executive of the NFF, the sports ministry and indeed football stakeholders in Nigeria and discovered to our dismay that there is no evidence where Mr Pinnick was mandated to commit this country to supporting Mr Ahmad,” the statement read in part.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Duro IkhazuagbeAhead of tuesday’s emergency Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) board meeting called by the Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung, at his office at the National Stadium in Abuja, there is apprehension in football circles in the country that the forum may be used to create fresh troubles in the administration of the game here.The meeting has just one agenda: Nigeria’s position on the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Presidential Election.last_img read more

DEBATE: Is Mats Hummels decision to leave Dortmund for Man United sensible?

first_imgGermany defender Mats Hummels seems increasingly likely to join Manchester United as rumours continue to swirl regarding the 26-year-old’s future at Borussia Dortmund.Hummels, a World Cup winner with the Mannschaft in Brazil last summer, has repeatedly said that he is happy in Dortmund and has no desire to move – despite Juergen Klopp’s men being in the midst of one of their worst domestic seasons for years.But with a number of big clubs including United desperate to shore up their defences this summer, Hummels has become one of the most sought-after players in world football.And reports on Tuesday suggest that the 2013 Champions League finalists would be prepared to let him go for £36 million – a price that Louis van Gaal is apparently happy to pay.The Daily Mail also claims that Hummels himself has now changed his mind about staying put: “After years of staying loyal to Borussia Dortmund and resisting overtures from United, the Germany centre-back has decided he’s ready to cut his ties with the fallen Bundesliga giants and move on,” the paper reports.”Repeated approaches for Hummels always met with stubborn resistance from Dortmund, but they have been forced to back down after their cultured defender indicated he was unhappy with their fall from grace this season… “Hummels feels he has remained loyal long enough and is hoping United’s negotiators can come up with a package that will smooth the way for his long-awaited arrival at Old Trafford.”–last_img read more