Residents of China’s Xianning city eager to travel after a two-month lockdown faced an unexpected hurdle only hours after the borders were opened — they needed to pass a new rapid detection test to show they didn’t have the coronavirus.Dozens rushed to the city’s largest hospital but were told the hospital was no longer doing the nucleic acid tests and were advised to try hospitals in nearby villages or towns.The test uses genetic material from throat swabs and normally takes a few hours for a result. “If we can’t get the nucleic acid test how can we leave? I can’t get on the train, I’ve bought my ticket but I can’t leave,” Shen Jianning, 51, said on Thursday morning.Shen, who wants to return to his job on a metro construction project in Shanghai, rushed to Xianning Central Hospital at around 4 a.m. on Thursday in hopes of getting a nucleic acid test, but was told by doctors there that they no longer were doing the tests and he had to find an alternative.Signs pasted on glass doors of the hospital, the city’s largest, said people should go to village or town hospitals to get the tests done.Xianning announced the test requirement on its official WeChat account on Wednesday, the day Hubei province, epicenter of China’s coronavirus outbreak and home to 60 million people, removed much of its lockdown transport measures. Topics : The lifting of the Hubei lockdown is a major milestone in the fight against the coronavirus in China. More than 80% of COVID-19 cases and 96% of deaths in mainland China have been in Hubei.The provincial capital Wuhan, where the virus first appeared late last year and which has had 54% of cases, remains under lockdown until April 8.The order to use the rapid-detection test came after news that a man who had travelled from the city last week had later tested positive when he returned to work in Guangdong province.The lifting of the lockdown has been accompanied by both relief and worry, with several people in Xianning telling Reuters they were unnerved by the case of the man who had travelled to Guangdong.”My Shanghai boss has called me a few times asking me to get out as soon as possible. He even prepared the proof of work resumption for me. He told me what processes you need to do we will help you, just think of a way to get out,” Shen said.Shen, from the eastern province of Jiangsu, had been trapped in Xianning after travelling to the city to see a house he had bought there.Stuck, inside or out Millions of people were caught in Hubei or stuck outside it as China imposed draconian measures to curb the spread of coronavirus, an approach that has proven effective, with reported new domestically transmitted cases falling to zero on most recent days, even as imported cases persist.On Thursday morning, about 30 people queued outside Xianning Central Hospital, all of them required to complete a form declaring whether they had recently come back from overseas or been in any high risk areas.Some in the queue said they were lining up for a nucleic test, but were unclear where they could get it done. A number were trying to get back to Guangdong province to work.”I saw on Douyin that a few hundred people came here yesterday, there were lots of people,” said He Ting, referring to the Chinese version of TikTok.She has been stuck in Xianning since Lunar New Year in January and was trying to get back to her job in the southwestern city of Chengdu, in Sichuan province, and was also unable to get the test at the hospital “I’m trying to figure out another way,” she said.At the Xianning Yongan Health Service Centre, a community health centre, more than a hundred people milled in and outside its gates. A long queue snaked with people clutching paper slips with numbers on them. Some said they were told that results would take a day or two.”I came here to queue but they told me I needed to register and then wait for a call on when it’s my turn,” said a man as he got on his electric scooter to leave.”I need to get back to my job in Dongguan. But now I don’t know when I can leave.”
The Space@Sea project has officially started with the aim of developing a standardized and cost-efficient modular island capable of producing and storing energy from offshore renewable sources, among its other multi-use applications.Space@Sea consists of seventeen European partners, including companies, research institutes and universities, united under Horizon 2020-funded project to develop a modular concept for multi-use platforms with low ecological impact.The three-year project that officially started on November 1, 2017, will study the most suitable shape of the floaters to minimize the motions at sea.The total worth of the project is around €7.6 million, out of which Horizon 2020 is providing approximately €6.8 million to support its development.As a starting point, triangles that allow modular design will be used to maximize the flexibility of adding and removing deck space and applications if necessary.Offshore specialists will contribute to design a shared mooring solution in combination with a remote monitoring and sensing system to reduce installation and maintenance costs, according to the project consortium.Maarten Flikkema, Project Coordinator at Maritime Research Institute Netherlands (MARIN), said: “The three-year project can be regarded as a success if the modular design of the multi-use platform has successfully been validated in a relevant environment at model scale.”To remind, the concept for floating mega island, comprising 87 large triangle-shaped floaters, was tested at MARIN earlier this year.During Space@Sea project, four applications for the island will be studied including farming, transport and logistics hub, energy hub and living.To show the potential of multi-use modular floating islands, Space@Sea will conclude with the evaluation of three business cases with combinations of applications for various locations throughout Europe, the project consortium said.
Investigation was still ongoing todetermine if there was a foul play in his death./PN According to the police, Ortiz complainedof abdominal pain early morning on Tuesday. He was reportedly suffering fromkidney disease. Ortiz was arrested on Feb. 18 forillegal gambling. ILOILO City – A man detained in the lockupcell of the municipal police station of Carles, Iloilo died after he complainedof stomach problem. The 57-year-old Generoso Ortiz, aresident of Barangay Poblacion, Carles, was pronounced dead by the attendingphysician at the Jesus Colmenares District Hospital after he was brought by thepolice for treatment.
Latest posts by Taylor Bigler Mace (see all) Bio The Mount Desert Island football team lost the Class C state championship game, but for players, coaches, fans and the community as a whole, the entire season was a win.Wells defeated the Trojans 44-0 on Saturday at Fitzpatrick Stadium, but MDI’s first appearance in the championship game was a victory in and of itself.“We told the kids [Friday] before we came down here that the scoreboard would not be the most important thing on this field today, that it would be the players, and we believe that,” MDI head coach Mark Shields said.Wells a force to be reckoned with from the opening kick, scoring seven touchdowns and a safety while keeping MDI’s offense at bay.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textMDI, the top-seeded team from the North, had a promising start as the Trojans defense held Wells to zero points in the first quarter, but the second quarter started off poorly for them. Wells’ Evan Whitten ran the ball in for a touchdown to cap off a drive in which the Warriors moved the ball with ease, and the extra point was good.The Trojans’ first offensive drive of the second quarter ended quickly as the Wells offense forced the Trojans to turn over on downs. The Warriors scored again on their second possession of the quarter with a touchdown run by Nolan Potter and another made extra point. MDI was again forced to turn the ball over on downs, but the Trojans defense was able to do the same to Wells on the Warriors’ next offensive drive.With just 29 seconds left in the half, MDI’s goal was to hold onto the ball, run out the clock and focus on getting a good start in the second half. Although MDI had the ball as time was running down, the Trojans ended up digging themselves into an an even bigger hole when Wells’ Michael Wrigley intercepted an Andrew Phelps pass and ran unhindered to the end zone to make it 21-0 going into halftime.Things got worse for MDI (9-2) early in the second half when Whitten broke out of the formation for a 40-yard touchdown run. Two series later, as MDI’s Colby Lee prepared to punt from the 7-yard line, Wells’ special teams unit pushed him into the end zone for a safety to make the game 30-0.Early into the fourth quarter, Brody Dempsey broke out for a 32-yard touchdown run and Reidy again knocked in an extra point for a 37-0 lead. Wells (11-1) scored one final time when Nick Hansen ran the ball in for a 45-yard touchdown with seven minutes remaining for the game’s last score.“We are disappointed with the score, the way it turned out,” Shields said. “We thought we could play with this team a little better. The reality is they are a big, fast, strong team and they pushed us around a little today, and we had troubles with that.”Regardless of the score, the Trojans have no reason to hang their heads after what they’ve accomplished this season. they won the Class C North title and made it to the Class C state championship game for the first time in program history.“I think they did an outstanding job. We are very, very proud to be here representing Class C North,” Athletic Director Bunky Dow said. “A lot of people didn’t pick us to go this far, and it’s unfortunate that we may be remembered for this last game, but that shouldn’t take away from what the young men and the coaching staff did all year. They represented the community and the school with pride, and I am very, very proud.”Correction: A photo caption in an earlier version of this article said the Class B title game was played Nov. 18. The game was played Nov. 19. MDI man reaches 41 straight years of daily runs – July 31, 2017 Latest Posts Taylor Bigler MaceReporter at Mount Desert IslanderTaylor covers sports and maritimes for the Islander. As a native of Texas, she is an unapologetic Dallas Cowboys fan. firstname.lastname@example.org Town Hill Takeout serves up inventive tacos – August 18, 2017 Sea urchin subject of aging research – July 30, 2017
After losing five of its top six scorers and its entire starting midfield to graduation, Desko said Syracuse would spend the early portion of the season sorting out who will replace them. On Sunday, the Orange proved it won’t fall on a single person.“After (last season), it was kind of on our shoulders, especially just middies in general,” DeJoe said. “People had to step up and take on that role.”With the game still up for grabs midway through the third quarter, the 6-foot-7 Lane lured in the defense and passed to an open Devin Shewell in the teeth of Albany’s defense. From 5 yards out, the freshman coolly scored to give Syracuse a five-goal lead.Even as Donahue, who had four goals and five assists last week against Siena, was limited to a relatively quiet one goal and four assists, Syracuse’s role players picked up the slack. Albany goalie Blaze Riorden said Donahue fell under the “known” category in the game plan, but players like DeJoe and Lane weren’t given as much recognition.“Every game you see guys like Dylan Donahue putting up six-, seven-point games,” Riorden said. “To limit guys like that, we got to limit the rest of them.”SU led 12-6 after three quarters and Mariano, Lane, DeJoe and Shewell each had two goals. No one else on the Orange had more than one. As Albany’s defense slid from the bottom of the field, Syracuse’s shooters could capitalize on the Great Danes’ hesitation at the top. And Mariano, Lane and DeJoe’s best skill is their shooting ability.“If you look at the guys that put up points today, they were shooters,” Desko said. “… Our shooters made good today on the opportunities they had.”Desko has previously likened DeJoe to a 3-point shooter in basketball and Albany head coach Scott Marr said the Orange excelled at spreading out his defense with its variety of scoring threats.With the game already out of reach in the fourth quarter, Syracuse kept piling on. It finally ended when Lane stood near the top of the restraining box and instead of dodging to the goal, he passed it off to Mariano who put the final nail in the Great Danes’ coffin.“When you play a team with that many threats,” Marr said, “yeah it is difficult to play defense against.” Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Related Stories Ben Williams dominates No. 12 Albany at the face-off X in Syracuse’s 16-7 winInjury update: Nick Piroli ‘week-to-week,’ Tim Barber’s status uncertainGallery: No. 5 Syracuse improves to 2-0 with 16-7 win over No. 12 AlbanyON THE RADAR Published on February 21, 2016 at 8:51 pm Contact Paul: email@example.com | @pschweds Liam Sheehan | Asst. Photo Editor Matt Lane drove toward the goal from the left wing. It was the same move he had used two previous times this season. As he stumbled to the ground, the ball flew out of his stick, across the face of the goal and over the sideline.The first shot in his first career start wasn’t even close. But 10 minutes later, Lane caught a pass from Dylan Donahue, crow-hopped and unleashed a bullet 15 yards from the goal. It pushed Syracuse’s lead to 7-4 and came in the middle of an eight-goal stretch in which all of its goals came outside its starting attack.A year removed from SU’s first-line attack accounting for 55 percent of Syracuse’s points, it was diverse scoring from the midfield that separated the Orange in a 16-7 win over Albany.“That’s what we’d like to be standard,” SU head coach John Desko said. “That’s how we like to play. We don’t want to give the ball to one person all the time. If they get stopped, then our team stops and our offense stops. We want to share the ball like we did today.”With starting attack Nick Piroli out with a lower-body injury and midfielder Tim Barber, who moved up to attack in his absence, out for the second half, No. 5 Syracuse (2-0) relied on its depth to surge past No. 12 Albany (0-1) on Sunday in the Carrier Dome. Lane, typically on the second line, had two goals and two assists while fellow midfielders Derek DeJoe and Nick Mariano each had three goals.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text