Curro Sánchez: “We must go with a positive mentality”

first_imgHe was the protagonist of the match that played the CD Numancia against Las Palmas. Curro Sánchez was returning after completing his sanction match and just when the public and the rivals thought that the Soria team would lose the clash, He arrived to achieve the goal of the tie. The Huelva is one of the props of the Carrión team. It reaches ten goals and is next to Higinio the maximum rojillo gunner.In relation to last Saturday’s draw, Curro, clarified how the play developed: “He went to despair, we tried to put many centers and it was Sola, I think, who put the center, the defense of Las Palmas is wrong to comb back, I am alive and the ball falls to my left and I can cross it to the goalkeeper. “Since the referee kicked Numancia curdled good football minutes but, unfortunately for their interests, intensity and momentum were diluted like a lump of sugar: “Maybe it was a good first half for 30 minutes but we must be stronger mentally, if the chances do not go on, do not fall apart. “ The mental attitude of the players is somewhat complicated to manage and above all to improve since it depends on each of the costumes of the wardrobe: “It is something that is not trained and it is based on how the matches occur, we have been playing 20 minutes doing good minutes like in Zaragoza, Malaga …you do not go with the result in favor after the effort and I suppose that it can be noticed but each one must know internally what he wants and is in each player, not to fall apart and try “ Curro Sánchez said.The Sorianos face the next two days with games away from Los Pajaritos. Before Albacete and Elche, the Numancia, must solve the problems and above all punctuate since, since the beginning of this 2020, it has only achieved six points of twenty one disputed. That is why Curro Sánchez knows about the potential of the next rivals but also knows that any team can win at the other’s house: “We have two difficult games out, anyone outside the home is, Albacete and Elche are great rivals, we do not have to collapse because of the draw at home that, because of the game, getting a point does not give such bad feelings, we must go with a positive mentality as we did in Zaragoza “ the player assured. LaBiga SmartBank* Data updated as of February 17, 2020last_img read more

Brown to campaign for early return

first_imgSince Brown was injured Dec. 31, the Lakers have made due with teenage center Andrew Bynum starting. Coach Phil Jackson underscored the importance of Brown’s return when he was asked before Tuesday’s game about Bynum wearing down. “Without a doubt,” Jackson said. “He’s a 19-year-old kid. Jordan Farmar, who’s gone through some longer UCLA college seasons, has also hit the wall. They’re starting to come back a little bit. I see a little more life in them now as they come through this.” Two-for-none Jackson revealed that the Lakers suffered from a lack of communication in the final minute of Friday’s loss at Toronto. The coach wanted the Lakers to play the two-for-one possession game but the Lakers didn’t take a shot for nearly 20 seconds. LOS ANGELES – The timetable Lakers center Kwame Brown was given when he went for a second opinion last week on his sprained left ankle called for him to miss another four to six weeks and return sometime in March. But Brown said he was optimistic that he would be able to beat that projection. He has been wearing a walking boot day and night – even while he sleeps – and said the immobilization was helping his ankle. “Not to have a two-for-one when you have 44 seconds (left), those are little things that we’re working at,” Jackson said. Good feelings Not that he would say anything differently after playing 44 minutes Sunday at Cleveland, but Bryant said his health was good heading into the All-Star break and his surgically repaired right knee was “100 percent” better than last year. “Night and day,” Bryant said. “I don’t have to warm up or anything. I can just go out there right now and play.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!center_img Although he is supposed to wear the boot for three weeks, Brown said, “It feels better than the three weeks, so I’m going to talk to the doctor right after the All-Star break and see if I can try to speed it up a little bit.” Brown, who has missed 22 games since suffering the injury, was able to do some light shooting at Monday’s practice. He plans to work out next week in a hard cast and gauge things from there. last_img read more

Pool hall sued over death

first_imgPALMDALE – The parents of a 16-year-old Lancaster boy who was shot and killed while playing pool with family and friends have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the pool hall and the suspect. Alfredo Briano was shot Aug. 12, 2005, at Vaughn’s Billiards in the 2000 block of East Palmdale Boulevard after he and his companions were confronted by suspected gang members who walked into the pool hall. “This was a place that had a restriction on minors being in the place, and the victim was allowed in. They do let minors in on some days. This was not one of those days,” said Joseph Lovretovich, attorney for Briano’s parents. “My kid was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.” The lawsuit names as defendants Vaughn’s Billiards and suspect Joseph Armondo Bonilla. A gun believed to have been used in the slaying was found in weeds on a dirt road behind an apartment building, along the route the pursuit followed. The lawsuit said Vaughn’s “did not provide any security at their pool hall, despite their personal knowledge of gang activity, violence, shooting and other similar criminal activity occurring on the premises of the pool hall.” karen.maeshiro@dailynews.com (661) 267-5744160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Bonilla was among four teenagers and two men who were charged in Briano’s slaying. They have pleaded not guilty and are awaiting trial on murder charges. Officials at Vaughn’s had not seen the lawsuit and declined Friday to comment. Sheriff’s detectives said Briano and his companions had been playing pool and minding their own business when a group of six men and two women walked into the pool hall and challenged them about their gang association. The boy and the others denied being gang members, investigators said. A fight broke out, and one of the assailants pulled out a gun and shot the boy. After the shooting, witnesses told deputies, as many as five people got into a black sport utility vehicle and sped off. Deputies spotted an SUV matching the description and chased it until it stopped near Avenue Q and 4th Street East. last_img read more

Arsenal and Manchester United target claims PSG exit was never likely

first_imgParis Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani claims he never tried to force through a move to Arsenal or Manchester United.The Uruguayan was linked with a move to either of the Premier League duo in the summer as both hunted for new forwards.However, the 28-year-old remained in Paris and has now claimed that was always his wish.“In football, there are a lot of things that depend not on the footballer but on the club,” Cavan told RMC.“Often when a player decides to change club it’s not solely his choice. It’s a decision made in agreement with the club, which seeks the best solution for both parties.“PSG have always shown me their desire to keep me, to make me a player for the future of the club. That’s important for me. It gives me a lot of energy to work.“For three years, people have talked far too much about things that didn’t exist. My desire was always to stay and to reach the goals set by the club. At the moment I feel very good in Paris.” Edinson Cavani 1last_img read more

DANIEL PAYS TRIBUTE TO FANATICAL FANS AS TICKETS GO ON SALE FOR COMEBACK TOUR

first_imgDaniel puts the kettle on!Daniel O’Donnell has paid tribute to his fanatical fans who are queuing in storm-force weather to get tickets for his concerts for next August and September!The Strictly Come Dancing star said will get back on the road next year after taking a year long break form touring.Already thousands of his fans are planning to queue for tickets for the UK and Irish comeback shows.In a special video message to fans Daniel said “I know many of you will be queuing for tickets this weekend and I really hope the weather will be kind and that it’s not too cold or wet. “With all this happening it makes me realise that although the shows are not starting until next August in Killarney, we’re not that far away from getting back on the road and doing concerts and meeting people again.“I just really wanted to say thank you because irrespective of what I do you never fail to make it a success so take care and God bless,” he said.DANIEL PAYS TRIBUTE TO FANATICAL FANS AS TICKETS GO ON SALE FOR COMEBACK TOUR was last modified: November 12th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

EURO 2016 TV ROLE FOR LAD WITH DONEGAL CONNECTIONS

first_imgLuka with his family and Karen Gorman.A young lad with strong Donegal connections is set to become one of the stars of Euro 2016 – without kicking a football! Luka Blondelle, age 9, of the Karen Gorman Academy of Speech and Drama & Casting Agency has been selected for the Irish teams main sponsor, 3 Mobile’s TV and online advertising campaign.The advertisement will run during the Euros 2016. Lukas very proud parents are Fiona Rodgers originally from Garryharry, Letterkenny and Raphael Blondelle, originally from Lille, France. Indeed, Luka will speak in French during the advertisement. The Irish football team will also make an appearance alongside Luka. Lukas success follows Karen’s students Jessica Shiels and Lilah Hamilton being selected as the faces of Lidls print and online Christmas campaign 2015.After a national search, Luka was selected for audition. He was amongst five boys shortlisted and after a very impressive final audition he was selected for the advertisement which will appear on all ROI TV stations as well as online.Coverage will begin at the end of April and continue into the Summer. Given the extent of the coverage for such a major sporting event, this is an exceptional achievement.Luka and his Dad travelled to Paris and then Kiev last week. They enjoyed a three day stay in the 5* Premier Palace Hotel after being chauffeured from the airport. They were exceedingly well looked after by the production company who appointed them a personal assistant who looked after their every need during the 3 day shoot. At the tender age of 9, Luka impressed the production team so much that after a few hours into the shoot, they started referring to him as “the artist”.Karen was delighted to receive an email this week from the Head of Production Derek to say “Luka was a real star and he stole the show on set. All the crew absolutely loved him, he was such a pro!”All of this at only 9 years of age, exciting times ahead!EURO 2016 TV ROLE FOR LAD WITH DONEGAL CONNECTIONS was last modified: April 7th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalEuro 2016Karen Gorman CastingLuka Blondellelast_img read more

Chelsea get boost as Barcelona are priced out of transfer bid

first_imgBarca had been expecting to sign France attacker Antoine Griezmann from Atletico Madrid, but he has now decided to stay where he is.The club are now putting together a new shortlist of targets, which includes a number of players.However one of those not on the list, according to Mundo Deportivo, is Hazard.The Spanish newspaper claims Barcelona believe a move for the Belgium international is simply too expensive and they will not pursue him.The 27-year-old is, however, understood to be on Real Madrid’s radar as they look to replace Cristiano Ronaldo. 1 Belgium and Chelsea star Eden Hazard impressed at World Cup 2018. Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? possible standings How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade Latest Premier League news silverware REVEALED How Chelsea could line up against Southampton – what system will Lampard play? How Man United could line up for Newcastle clash – will Pogba start? England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won ALTERED possible xi How Liverpool could line up at Leicester with midfielder set for lengthy absence smart causal Tottenham v Brighton LIVE: talkSPORT commentary and team news for Boxing Day opener NEW ERA How Arsenal could line up in Arteta’s first official game in charge – Ozil return? Barcelona are now out of the running to sign Chelsea star Eden Hazard having been priced out of a move.The LaLiga title holders are looking to sign a superstar forward this transfer window to bolster their attacking options. who plays? predicted Tottenham predicted XI to face Brighton with Mourinho expected to make big changes gameday last_img read more

Is the same gang behind robberies at Donegal bookmakers and pub?

first_imgGardai are examining a possible link behind recent robberies at both a Donegal betting shop and a bar.Raiders held up staff at Boylesport Bookmakers in Raphoe last Friday evening just after 9pm.The pair, armed with handguns, terrorised staff and got away with a quantity of cash. And in the early hours of Tuesday morning, two raiders were captured on CCTV entering the Coach House Bar in Donegal Town.The thieves got away with cash and a quantity of stock.Gardai now believe there could be a link between the two raids after matching CCTV footage showed one of the raiders wearing a distinctive orange hoodie top and black jacket.A Gada source said “It’s a strong coincidence and it’s something we are looking at.” Is the same gang behind robberies at Donegal bookmakers and pub? was last modified: December 15th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Agriculture applauds newly proposed clean water rule

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The Trump Administration proposed a new water rule on Dec. 11 designed to replace the 2015 Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rule.The new water rule would:Protect the private property rights of American cattle producers;Provide safeguards for America’s waters;Observe the appropriate role of the federal government in regulating waterways;Restore state and local authority to protect waters;Respect Congress’s intent in limiting jurisdiction to “navigable waters” in the Clean Water Act.As a next step, the proposed rule will be posted in the Federal Register and become open for public comment. The 2015 WOTUS rule is currently in effect in 22 states. The EPA and Army Corps of Engineers are currently in the process of repealing the 2015 WOTUS rule.“After years of uncertainty stemming from the 2015 WOTUS rule, the Trump Administration’s new water rule represents a fresh start for America’s cattle producers,” said Kevin Kester, president of the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association. “NCBA advocated for a new water rule that is easy to understand and implement. The Administration listened. The proposed water rule provides safeguards to keep our waters clean and clear rules for landowners to follow. We look forward to engaging with the Environmental Protection Agency and Army Corps of Engineers to finalize the rule.”State Farm Bureau presidents from across the nation attended an event at the Environmental Protection Agency headquarters in Washington to witness the signing of the newly proposed Clean Water Rule.“Farmers and ranchers work every day to protect our nation’s waterways and drinking water. For more than five years we have advocated for a new water rule that protects clean water and provides clear rules for people and communities to follow,” said Zippy Duvall, American Farm Bureau Federation president. “This new rule will empower farmers and ranchers to comply with the law, protect our water resources and productively work their land without having to hire an army of lawyers and consultants.“We want to protect land and water in the communities where we live and work. Clean water is our way of life. Preserving our land and protecting our water means healthy places to live, work and play. We believe this new Clean Water Rule is rooted in commonsense. It will protect our nation’s water resources and allow farmers to farm.”last_img read more

New Designs Make Buildings More Bird-Friendly

first_imgAn architect at a New York-based firm is leading an effort to introduce new features into building façades that will reduce the number of bird strikes, a problem that kills an estimated 750 million birds every year.Guy Maxwell, a partner at Ennead Architects, is working with Audubon chapters, glass manufacturers, and others to study what architectural features successfully deter bird strikes, and introduce them into building designs, according to an article posted at Wired.Maxwell began the venture some 15 years ago after his firm designed the Rose Center for Earth and Space at the American Museum of Natural History. As dramatic as it was, the giant glass building also proved deadly for birds that couldn’t tell it was there.Since then, Maxwell and his partners have created two research facilities where different building and glass features can be tested. Among other things, they’ve discovered that birds will not try to fly through vertical patterns less than 4 inches apart. The group has worked with glass manufacturers to produce ceramic patterns and UV coatings that let birds know the glass is a barrier to be avoided.Their research is on display at the Bridge for Laboratory Sciences at Vassar College. Vertical metal sunscreens and a special UV coating on glass manufactured by Arnold Glas, plus ceramic fritting in the glass, all are designed to keep birds from colliding with the building.Maxwell’s group has made progress, including the introduction of a pilot credit in the LEED certification program that rewards collision deterrence. But Maxwell would like to see more research, new legislation, and a wider appreciation among architects about what they can do.“I’m amazed that there are still many people who don’t realize the enormity of the problem,” Maxwell told Wired.last_img read more