The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) approved two temporary management positions Thursday to beef up its Enterprise Solutions Modernization (ESM) program, a program agency staff believes could help lead to a longer examination cycle.John Kutchey, NCUA’s deputy executive director, said the changes will make an extended examination more feasible, but added that the decision to extend the cycle rests solely with the board.In its action Thursday, the board authorized $75,000 to be provided annually for the next four years for the two positions. The agency emphasized that the action will not lead to a net staff increase, as the NCUA will eliminate two full-time positions to offset the new expense.The NCUA is predominantly funded by the credit unions it oversees, and those credit union funds ultimately represent their members’ monies. The Credit Union National Association (CUNA) has long advocated for the NCUA to seek ways to contain and reduce its budget, particularly with the credit union system being very healthy.“We’re glad to see the NCUA move forward with much needed upgrades that should ultimately reduce the regulatory burden on credit unions,” said Elizabeth Eurgubian, deputy chief advocacy officer for CUNA. continue reading » 1SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
___10:10 a.m.The Swiss hockey league has ended the season in the top two divisions before the playoffs because of the spreading coronavirus.The league’s decision comes less than two months before Switzerland is due to host the world championships in Zurich and Lausanne.The league says decisions on awarding titles, and promotion and relegation places, will be decided at a special meeting on Friday. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditLONDON (AP) — The Latest on the coronavirus outbreak’s affect on sports around the globe (all times local):___11:15 a.m. South Korea’s professional baseball league says it will postpone the start of its season to mid-April because of the coronavirus outbreak.The Korea Baseball Organization says it still hopes to maintain a 144-game regular-season schedule but will consider banning spectators from some games when risks of infections are high.The KBO had already canceled its preseason.___10:55 a.m. “The health and welfare of the athletes and all other participants, as well as the general public are in the forefront and the priority of FIS and all stakeholders,” the governing body said Thursday.Kilde’s runner-up finish in what proved to be the season-ending race — a downhill last Saturday in Kvitfjell, Norway — lifted him to the overall title above French rival Alexis Pinturault.Pinturault also finished runner-up to Kristoffersen in giant slalom. Another Frenchman, Clement Noel, was runner-up to Kristoffersen for the season-long slalom title by only two points, 552-550.Kristoffersen had an outside chance of winning the overall title if the final two races had gone ahead.Kilde succeeds Austrian great Marcel Hirscher, who won eight straight overall titles before retiring in the offseason. Real Madrid says its soccer and basketball teams have been put in quarantine after a basketball play for the club tested positive for the coronavirus.The Spanish club says the soccer team was also affected because it shares training facilities with the basketball team.___11:05 a.m.German broadcaster Sky says it will show some Bundesliga soccer games on a free channel after spectators were barred from the stadiums. Sky will show four league games simultaneously on Saturday on its non-subscription news channel in a “conference” format, with the broadcast switching between each game to show the key action.That includes Borussia Dortmund’s game against Schalke, which is one of Germany’s most heated rivalries.There will be a similar procedure for some second-division games.___11 a.m. 10:25 a.m.The hockey-like game of bandy has postponed its world championships in Russia because of the spreading coronavirus.The Swedish Bandy Association says the tournament, scheduled to be played from March 29-April 5 in Irkutsk, has been postponed until October.International Bandy Association president Boris Skrynnik says “we know that there are concerns in other countries when it comes to travel and spending time with larger groups.”The under-15 world championships in Arkhangelsk, Russia, at the end of the month will also be played at a later date. March 12, 2020 Associated Press The Swiss soccer leagues have been suspended through March, and Basel is unable to host a Europa League game next week against Eintracht Frankfurt.___10:05 a.m.After the NBA suspended its season, the Euroleague is considering doing the same.The league says it is consulting with clubs about a suspension, something which its players are demanding. 9:55 a.m.The season-ending men’s World Cup ski races were canceled Thursday to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, giving Norwegian skier Aleksander Aamodt Kilde his first overall title.Giant slalom and slalom races were scheduled for this weekend in Kranjska Gora, near Slovenia’s border with Italy.The cancellations mean Henrik Kristoffersen, another Norwegian, becomes the season champion in both disciplines by tiny margins.A four-race finals week in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy, was canceled last week by the International Ski Federation. The Euroleague says it is suspending all games indefinitely because of the coronavirus outbreak.Europe’s main club basketball competition says it made the decision because of “the increased risks for participants in games, the vast amount of traveling disruptions causing the impossibility to reach certain destinations, and the different recommendations by the health authorities.”The league was scheduled to hold regular-season games in Moscow, Istanbul, Madrid and Tel Aviv on Thursday.___10:30 a.m. The Latest: Real Madrid soccer team put in quarantine ___10:15 a.m.Denmark’s top soccer leagues are shutting down for at least two weeks because of the spreading coronavirus.The Danish league made the move a day after the national government announced a lockdown. The small Scandinavian country has 514 cases of people testing positive.“We will look at exactly what this will mean for the running of the tournaments for the weeks to come,” said Danish league director Claus Thomsen, adding more information on what will happen with the postponed matches and the rest of the season will be announced later. Juventus announced late Wednesday that defender Daniele Rugani and “those who have had contact with him” are being isolated. It also said Rugani is not showing any symptoms of the disease.Rugani sent a post on Twitter overnight in Italian.“You’ll have read the news and that’s why I want to reassure everyone who is worrying about me. I’m OK. I want to remind everyone to respect the rules, because this virus doesn’t make distinctions! Let’s do it four ourselves, for those dear to us and for those around us,” he wrote.Rugani is the first player in the country’s top soccer division to test positive for the virus.___ The International Basketball Federation says it is suspending all competitions indefinitely from Friday.FIBA says the decision was made “in order to protect the health and safety of players, coaches, officials and fans.”The suspension includes games in the Basketball Champions League, which is a rival competition to the better known Euroleague, and the second-tier FIBA Europe Cup. The Champions League is part-way through its playoffs.Men’s qualification for the Tokyo Olympics is expected to resume in June with a series of qualifying tournaments overseen by FIBA. Women’s qualifying has already concluded.___ “Euroleague and the participating clubs cannot ask from players to put their health and that of their families at risk,” the Euroleague Players Association said.The players’ union asked for the season to be suspended “until health, safety and freedom of movement can be guaranteed.”___10 a.m.The Juventus player who tested positive for the coronavirus says he’s “OK” and wants “to reassure everyone who is worrying about me.” ___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
Steve RowanSteve Rowan, 54, of Wellington, died Tuesday, April 8, 2014, at the Golden Living Center in Wellington.Funeral Services will be held at 2 p.m., Friday, April 11, 2014 at the St. Johnâ€™s Lutheran Church in Wellington. Visitation will be Thursday, April 10, 2014 from 9 a.m., until 8 p.m. Burial will be at the Sumner Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Wellington. A memorial has been established with the St. Judeâ€™s Childrenâ€™s Hospital and may be left with the Shelley Family Funeral Home. For further information please visit www.shelleyfamilyfh.com.Steve was born December 17, 1959 the son of Eugene and Dorothy (Bunch) Rowan in Wellington, Kansas. He graduated from Wellington High School in 1977 and was a Wichita State University Graduate. Steve was a pharmaceutical sales rep working for GlaxcoSmithKline, he enjoyed his work. Steveâ€™s hobbies included, golfing and Wichita State Sports. Steve also enjoyed watching both of his childrenâ€™s sporting activities.Steve is survived by his mother, Dorothy Rowan of Wellington; a son, Samuel Rowan of Ellicott City, MD and a daughter, Gabrielle Rowan of Ellicott City, MD; aunts, Lela Fowler of Blackwell, OK, Betty Day of Braman, OK, and his uncle, Alan Rowan of Wichita, KS; cousins, Fred Fowler of Houston, Texas, Rick Rowan of Oklahoma City, Okla., Dwight Rowan of Wellington, Craig Day of Braman, OK, and Mindy Evans of Clearwater.He is preceded in death by his father, Eugene Rowan in 1994.
A jury took less than half an hour to find a man not guilty of sexually assaulting a woman in a Letterkenny takeaway.The 45-year-old married man was accused of grabbing the woman in her groin area. The woman, from Derry, claimed the man had grabbed her between her legs and hurt her so much that she felt it the following day.CCTV footage given in evidence to jury members at Letterkenny Circuit Court showed the man reaching out and touching the woman’s behind.The woman then confronted the man and claimed that he told her “I’m going to do you.”The man has pleaded not guilty to the single charge which allegedly took place on October 10th, 2015.The woman gave evidence of how she was staying with her sister in Letterkenny on the night.They had some drinks and at 2am, they decided to go to Letterkenny to have more drinks.In the Downtown bar, the woman said she had a cocktail, a baby Guinness and a Gin and Tonic along with the two glasses of wine she had in her sister’s house earlier.The woman told the court they then went for something to eat in a fast-food restaurant and then decided to leave there to go for a cigarette.CCTV footage played to the court of the incident showed the woman leaving the restaurant and the man, aged 45, reaching out to touch the woman on her behind.The woman recalled “I could feel a hand touch me between my legs, it’s embarrassing. I could feel a hand touching my crotch area. It was very quick. I was completely disgusted.“It’s the last thing I expected on a night out. I felt violated and disgusted.”The woman said she punched the man because she was annoyed and disgusted by his alleged actions.She also claimed that the accused videod her with his phone and then told her “I’m going to do you.”The accused man’s statement to Gardai was also read out in court.He said he was in Letterkenny for a 40th birthday and had visited five bars and had an average of two drinks in each bar.He said he had no direct recollection of the incident but does remember “ending up waking up at home with a very angry wife.”Having viewed the CCTV footage later, he said he felt it did not reflect what the woman claimed in her statement had happened.Barrister for the accused, Mr Damian Crawford put it to the woman that the contact between them was minimal.The woman replied that all she could say was that she felt the man touch her and that she still felt it the next day.Mr Crawford replied “That’s not what happened at all. He did not grab you forcefully by the crotch.”The jury of eight men and three women returned a verdict of not guilty to Judge John Aylmer.Jury takes less than half hour to find man not guilty of restaurant sex assault was last modified: January 27th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:courtGardailetterkennynot guiltysex assaulttakeaway