The world premiere of the UberBOAT service, which will be available during the summer months in Croatia, was officially presented in Split today. Through Uber’s application, users will be able to order a speedboat for transfers from the coast to the island, as well as for half-day and full-day excursions in just a few strokes on the smartphone screen in Split, Hvar and Dubrovnik. The goal of the service is to provide all users with a unique, reliable and safe transfer at sea with the experience of ordering speedboats on request.UberBOAT has already been announced by numerous influential media outlets such as the American magazine Architectural Digest, the British Independent and Metro, the German Bild, the influential portal Welt and many others. The new Uber service was also recognized by the American Thrillist, whose video about UberBOAT was watched by as many as 2,7 million people and collected more than 19 comments, which certainly brought us a lot of free advertising, ie our tourism.”We want to provide users as well as many foreign and domestic tourists in Croatia with a reliable and simple service. By launching the UberBOAT service, our goal is to provide a new way of exploring and traveling along the Croatian coast, which will significantly contribute to the development of Croatian tourism. In addition, I’m excited to launch the service just at a time when Uber has globally crossed as many as 5 billion rides, an increase of 3 billion in the last 11 months. It shows how much customers want our services, and it is a motive for us to continuously work on new, innovative solutions”, Said Davor Tremac, Uber’s CEO for Southeast Europe.UberBOAT is offered through two separate services, transfer from the mainland to the island or vice versa, and as a half-day or full-day adventure. The price of a transfer from Split to Hvar (or vice versa) on a speedboat for up to eight passengers is 2600 HRK, while the price of a larger XL speedboat that can accommodate up to 12 passengers is 3300 HRK. In addition to transfers, users can rent a speedboat for a half-day or full-day adventure to nearby islands, the price of which depends on the miles traveled and the duration of the adventure.Users can determine their own travel plan or organize an adventure according to the suggested most popular excursions, and the speedboat will be with them as much as they want, regardless of whether they visit famous sea caves or sail from island to island.With this service, sailing ends at the place of embarkation on the same day as the embarkation. The UberBOAT service does not offer the possibility of spending the night on a speedboat or renting a boat without a captain. The UberBOAT service always implies the presence of captains and sailors. “I am very happy that UberBOAT was launched in Croatia, I think it is a great service for both locals and tourists. It will enable them to get to the desired destinations faster and easier, and we will have more work and safer earnings. A lot of people have already heard about the service, both locals and foreigners are inquiring about transfers and excursions, so I think this will be a good season as far as UberBOAT is concerned”, Said Said Hadžiarapović, captain on the Uber platform.
20 Scott St, Hawthorne, QLD. Picture: SuppliedA LUXURY riverfront home in inner Brisbane has landed a $420,000 windfall for its owners who had only just bought it 10 months ago. 20 Scott St, Hawthorne, QLD. Picture: SuppliedThe Scott Street home, which is on a large 812sq m waterfront block, was marketed by agent Trevor Egan of Ray White East Brisbane, as having high end features including a twin lap pool, poolside bar with Teppanyaki and BBQ, riverfront pontoon, wine fridge, video security, and sound proof home theatre complete with starburst ceiling and bar. 20 Scott St, Hawthorne, QLD. Picture: Supplied.Eight days later, on June 30 last year, the couple also settled on a $2.35m freestanding commercial building in inner city Newstead – which they put up for rent two weeks ago. 20 Scott St, Hawthorne, QLD. Picture: SuppliedThe Brisbane-based sellers, who have several other multi-million dollar properties in South East Queensland, had bought the riverfront home on April 26, 2016, for $5.18m, according to CoreLogic records, with a settlement date of June 22 last year. 20 Scott St, Hawthorne, QLD. Picture: Supplied. 20 Scott St, Hawthorne, QLD. Picture: SuppliedThe four bedroom, four bathroom, twin car garage home at 20 Scott Street, Hawthorne, had been set for auction at 5.30pm on Saturday, has sold for $5.6 million – giving its owners an 8.1 per cent return on their investment.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this homeless than 1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor6 hours agoNeed to know more about property prices? Start your research here:Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:47Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:47 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenMonthly Core Index: March 201700:47
FOLLOWING their 8-4 victory on Sunday which saw Ricky Skerritt becoming Cricket West Indies President and Dr. Kishore Shallow gaining the Vice-President post, Guyana’s Prime Minister Moses Nagamootoo offered congratulations yesterday.Skerritt and Dr. Shallow defeated Dave Cameron and Emmanuel Nathan, both by 8-4 margins, at Sunday’s election in Jamaica.The Prime Minister started his letter by saying “I offer warm congratulations to you and Dr. Kishore Shallow on your election to the Presidency and Vice-presidency of Cricket West Indies (CWI)”.He continued; “I am aware of your background in West Indies cricket administration and experience in government, which will serve you during your term. All Guyanese wish you every success as you endeavour to provide leadership, vision and direction in the administration of our premier regional sport.”On another note, Prime Minister Nagamootoo said; “we look forward to the healing of strained relationships with players and other stakeholders.”“We are impressed with your ‘Cricket First’ plan, and look forward to its full execution regionwide. As you are aware, the Guyanese people are passionate and unwavering fans of West Indies cricket and look forward to annual international cricket in our country.In this regard, we look forward to engaging with you, Dr. Shallow and the CWI Board, soonest on matters of mutual interest towards the development and growth of West Indies cricket.”In closing, PM Nagamotoo declared; “our government is also keen on forging a stronger and mutually beneficial working relationship with CWI at the bilateral level, and on matters which engaged the attention of the CARICOM Sub-Committee on Cricket, and the role of the sport in the region”.
The English Football Association on Friday morning announced the rosters for the U-19, U-20 and U-21 national teams and as expected, several dual-eligible English-Nigerian players have received invitations for the October fixtures.Liverpool’s Dominic Solanke, Chelsea duo Fikayo Tomori and Tammy Abraham, Tottenham Hotspur’s Josh Onomah and Everton winger Ademola Lookman have all been named in the England U-21 squad.England U-21s, coached by Aidy Boothroyd, battle Andorra and Scotland on October 11 and 16 respectively in the UEFA European U-21 Championship qualifiers and need a point to seal qualification. Meanwhile, Felix Nmecha of Manchester City has been simultaneously invited to the England U-19 and Germany U-19 teams, and not for the first time, meaning the midfielder has to choose which of the invitations to honour.Tottenham Hotspur centre-back Timothy Eyoma is among eight defenders included in the 23-man squad by manager Keith Downing.England U-19s’ first game this month comes up against Portugal on October 11 before facing Macedonia at St. George’s Park on Tuesday 16 October.As previously reported, Queens Park Rangers star Eberechi Eze has been named in the England U20 squad.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram