A property portal that claims to be making the first steps towards being a global version of Rightmove says it has made a key strategic move to achieve its goal.The World Property Network (TWPN) has struck a deal with billion-dollar US franchise network Realty World that will see the two businesses join forces and together offer three million properties across the world.Realty World has been around since 1973 and has 400 offices worldwide while TWPN launched in September last year with a TV channel, website and several full-page adverts in the Sunday Times.Property portalThe deal between TWPN and Realty World will go live in two or three months and will, TWPN claims, make the partnership a “powerful and influential new force on the international property stage”.It also says the combined forces of the partnership will be a disruptor in the global property marketing market.In the UK TWPN’s main rivals are the Rightmove Overseas and A Place in the Sun websites but internationally, TWPN founder Peter Mansfield says the partnership – which joins his website’s European and other properties with Realty World’s North, Central and South American as well as Caribbean inventories, will be a game changer.While this is unlikely to trouble investors in Rightmove and other national websites around the world in the short term, Peter reckons the “global property market has not evolved sufficiently to enable it to tune in to the digital era of property trading,” he says.TWPN also has fans among the UK property industry including Nick Staton, founder of six-branch Hertfordshire and North London agency Statons, who thinks TWPN has the same potential as YouTube or Facebook to change the market.TWPN has been helped by its own TWPN SEO digital agency to gain traction in the tricky international property search market, and has helped increase organic traffic to TWPN’s website by 250% recently.Realty World Peter Mansfield Nick Staton Statons TWPN May 25, 2017Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Marketing » New property portal partners with US franchise network previous nextMarketingNew property portal partners with US franchise networkTWPN agrees Realty World deal a year after launchThe Negotiator25th May 201701,940 Views
Letting agents in London will need to check more closely whether a property comes within the capital’s myriad property licensing schemes after its mayor Sadiq Khan launched a checking tool for tenants.Renters who suspect their home should be licensed but is not, and who might be in line for back-rent via a Rent Repayment Order, can now use Khan’s new Property Licence Checker.After filling in a few basic details about the property, it tells them if their landlord or property is licensed and offers help to make rent repayment orders with their local council’s help.“My new property licensing checker is a key part of my work to redress the imbalance of power that currently exists in the London private rented sector,” says Khan.“London’s renters deserve to live in safe, secure, comfortable accommodation, whilst councils need the tools to deal with rogue operators.”Councillor Darren Rodwell (pictured), London Councils’ executive member for housing & planning, adds: “This will be an extremely useful ‘check and challenge’ tool to empower tenants and support boroughs in our crackdown on rogue landlords. In the face of weak regulation set at a national level, London boroughs are pleased to be working with the GLA to push up standards in the capital’s private rented sector.”But Isobel Thomson (pictured), Chief Executive of Safeagent, warns: “The success of this initiative depends on the information being accurate and all parties being correctly advised of their legal responsibilities.“We would encourage everyone to cross reference the information with each Borough’s website to ensure compliance.”Read more about Khan’s housing initiatives.property licence checker Darren Rodwell Isobel Thomson Sadiq Khan November 19, 2020Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Rental market » London mayor launches property licence snooping tool for tenants previous nextRental marketLondon mayor launches property licence snooping tool for tenantsAgents and landlords will have to be extra careful to ensure a rental property is licensed or risk having to repay thousands in rent.Nigel Lewis19th November 20200875 Views
A West Midlands bus operator has agreed to compensate passengers for punctuality failings, following a decision by the region’s Traffic Commissioner.Diamond Bus Ltd will provide free travel for seven days in May on its number 3 service, which runs from Kidderminster to Areley Kings.Between Monday 13 and Sunday 19 May, passengers using this bus route won’t have to pay for their travel.Nick Denton, the Traffic Commissioner for the West Midlands, told the operator it had to compensate passengers after imposing a financial penalty of £9075 on the company last year.Following a public inquiry in June 2018, Mr Denton said passengers in the Kidderminster area had been “particularly poorly served” by the company.He told the company it had to pay a financial penalty but decided the money should be used to compensate passengers.Diamond Bus Ltd challenged the Traffic Commissioner’s decision but that appeal was dismissed last month by the Upper Tribunal.As a result, the company has now agreed to give passengers free travel for seven days in May.The Commissioner said a date set in the future allows passengers who use monthly passes to change to weekly and take advantage of the free travel
Northstar Vermont Yankee,This afternoon, December 8, at 1 pm, an audible sounding will be conducted on the 37 sirens located within the Vermont Yankee 10-mile emergency planning zone.The pole-mounted sirens are located in the Vermont towns of Brattleboro, Dummerston, Guilford, and Vernon, and in the New Hampshire towns of Chesterfield, Hinsdale, Richmond, Swanzey, and Winchester. In Massachusetts, the sirens are located in Gill, Colrain, Leyden, Bernardston and Northfield.The three-minute siren testing is being conducted by the Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts state public safety agencies in compliance with the regulations of the Federal Emergency Management Agency to ensure the effectiveness of the notification system.Residents with questions on the annual testing can contact their town’s emergency management director or Mark Gilmore at Vermont Yankee at (802) 258-4168.
By Dialogo August 05, 2009 Brazil is expecting a visit this year by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and will question him over Tehran’s nuclear program, an aide to President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva. “We are expecting the visit here of the Iranian president to firm up, which will be an excellent opportunity for Brazil to communicate a number of points of view, especially concerning the Iranian nuclear program,” Lula’s advisor on foreign affairs, Marco Aurelio Garcia, told reporters. US President Barack Obama “has asked Brazil to play a moderating role, (and) the Israeli foreign minister has also said Brazil could exercise its influence” on the issue, he said. Brazil has said it supports a peaceful, nuclear energy program in Iran. But many Western nations, and Israel, suspect Tehran is trying to develop an atomic arsenal under cover of those efforts. Iran insists its program is peaceful and aims to meet the country’s growing energy needs. Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said during a visit to Brazil last month that he wanted to see Brazil use its clout with Iran to make it stop its nuclear program. Brazilian officials declined, on the grounds that Iran has the right to civilian nuclear operations. Garcia said the date of Ahmadinehad’s visit was not yet set, but it should happen this year. The Iranian president had been scheduled to visit Brazil in May, but canceled at the last minute to focus on what turned out to be controversial June 12 elections at home.
Once welcomed, the new commander, a native of New Orleans, spoke to the Marines he recently assumed command over and addressed the senior leadership of SOUTHCOM. Brig. Gen. Iiams expressed his thanks for Gen. Kelly’s leadership and more than 40 years of active service in the U.S. armed forces. Brig. Gen. Iiams also relayed his appreciation for the opportunity to serve in such a unique capacity as a component commander and that he looks forward to the years ahead with the command. Brigadier General Kevin M. Iiams took command of U.S. Marine Corps Forces, South during an Assumption of Command ceremony January 7, 2016. The Marines and sailors of MARFORSOUTH hosted the ceremony at the Conference Center of the Americas. The ceremony was attended by the senior leadership of the U.S. Southern Command and several service members from SOUTHCOM. General John F. Kelly, commander of the U.S. Southern Command, acted as the presiding official for the event. Kelly recognized the accomplishments of the MARFORSOUTH Marines and sailors, keying in on the importance of what the component command contributes to the Department of Defense and SOUTHCOM’s missions. He ended his comments with a warm welcome to Brig. Gen. Iiams and his wife. By Dialogo January 13, 2016
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 44-year-old homeless man was found dead Thursday night in a Greenport garage, Southold Town police said. German Mendoza was discovered inside a detached garage after a concerned friend went to check on him, police said in a news release.Mendoza’s death is not considered suspicious, police said. The Suffolk County medical examiner’s office has yet to determine a cause of death.A deep freeze has enveloped the region for days, but police did not say if the brutal cold was a factor in Mendoza’s death. Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley told Southold Local that the garage Mendoza was sleeping in was not constructed for living and lacked heat and facilities. A notification has been made to Mendoza’s next of kin, police said.
Norway’s Statoil has received consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) to use the Gina Krog FSO on the namesake field offshore Norway. The Gina Krog floating storage and offloading (FSO) is a converted shuttle tanker destined for use as a storage vessel on the Gina Krog oil and gas field, which is located 250 kilometers west of Stavanger and 30 kilometers north-west of the Sleipner A platform in the North Sea.The field has been developed using a fixed steel platform and a storage vessel (FSO) for oil, and started production in June 2017.The Gina Krog platform is tied in to Sleipner A and uses both processing capacity on the platform and existing pipelines for sending the gas to the market in Europe.Oil from the field is set to be transported by the Gina Krog FSO unit, which was converted from the former shuttle tanker Randgrid from the Heidrun field by Sembcorp Marine’s subsidiary Sembawang shipyard. The unit headed from Singapore to Norway in July.According to the latest AIS data, the FSO is currently moored in Randaberg at the northern end of Stavanger.Statoil is the operator of the Gina Krog field with an interest of 58.7 percent. French oil major Total recently sold its 15% stake in the field to KUFPEC which will upon completion of transaction have 30% interest. The remaining interest is held by PGNiG Upstream Norway (8%) and Aker BP (3.3%).The consent for the use of the Gina Krog FSO has been granted by the offshore safety regulator in accordance with Statoil’s application.Teekay owns and operates the FSO. No Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) will be issued, since this is a facility that will only be used for storage.Offshore Energy Today Staff
Sydney Morning Herald 17 November 2014The hijacking of the term “dying with dignity” by today’s supporters of euthanasia and assisted suicide is an insult to the dedicated doctors, nurses and pastoral carers who daily provide compassionate care, pain alleviation and spiritual comfort to the sick, the dying and their families.Debates about euthanasia and assisted suicide are emotionally harrowing. All the more so when they occur during election campaigns. The timing and manner of the current debate exacerbates the fear of dying held by many in the community and diverts attention from the conversation about providing the dying with the innovative medical and healthcare they need, in homes, hospitals and aged-care facilities.Funding for end-of-life palliative care by governments and private health insurers is inadequate and undervalued. The first step in public policy regarding death and dying is to guarantee that those who need palliative care services can get them. For people who are poor or vulnerable, who are mentally ill or incarcerated, who live in rural and remote communities, it is crucial that they can get the palliative care services to which we are all entitled.Overseas experience shows that where euthanasia legislation has been enacted, pressure has been applied to the frail aged, disabled and mentally ill to follow the now “normal” path of physician-assisted death. That path has little to do with dignity.Usually the most terrible stories of suffering are told to advance a change to law that will allow euthanasia and decriminalise assisted suicide. This is understandable, but hardly a credible and rigorous presentation of the realities of care for those who are dying.http://www.smh.com.au/comment/the-euthanasia-lobby-has-hijacked-the-phrase-dying-with-dignity-20141114-11mpcg.html